Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wye Oak

Every now and then a song leaves me in shivers. Wye Oak from are a dream pop/folk duo from Baltimore and their song Civilian does just this:

Wye Oak - Civilian by cityslang

The band produce a huge sound considering there is only 2 of them - Andy Stack (drums, keyboards, backup vocals) and Jenn Wasner (vocals, guitars). I dont know a great deal about them but I have listened to this song on repeat on my way to get a coffee this morning.

There is something stark and beautiful about their music in the same way that Beach Houses' Teen Dream album from last year really sat with me, so does Wye Oaks sound. On a grey and dark tuesday in London this song has lifted me.

Wye Oak are on tour supporting the excellent Cold War Kids across Germany and the UK and play their first headline London date on the 22nd at The Water Rats before embarking on
an extensive tour of the US and playing The Echo in LA on 24th March. Find out more here


-Andy in London

No comments:

Post a Comment