Saturday, February 12, 2011

Musical Musings on a Saturday

Hey there kids, not too much to report today.  Just wanted to share some stuff I was digging on this sunny Saturday afternoon in LaLa.

 First I want to talk about the Dum Dum Girls.  They're an LA Band of four chicks that produce music that is self-described as "blissed out buzz saw."  Somewhere between early 80s punk and 60s girl group du-wop live the Dum Dum Girls.  And I'm enjoying the visit.  Check out this track produced by Richard Gottehrer, famous for penning tunes like "My Boyfriend's Back," and "I want Candy."





Dum Dum Girls - I Will Be by musicmule

Also a big fan of this Jail LaLa:




I've also been enjoying the band Foster the People's song "Pumped Up Kicks."  Been around for a while, but I just learned that the band is going to start touring soon, so I've been listening and getting excited for a possible live show.  They be playing at Soho in Santa Barbara on March 8th.  Might be a good excuse to get up to SB and go wine tasting and catch some heady good tunage.


Foster The People - "Pumped Up Kicks" from Foster The People on Vimeo.

One last little musing on a Saturday takes it back to my Texas roots a bit.  Lucinda Williams is never a bad idea.  Well, I take that  back, I guess there could be some situations, (like a 4 year old's birthday party) where a Lucinda might not be a good idea.  In most cases, however, Ms. Williams is apropos.

I leave you today with one of my favs.

09 Lucinda Williams - Joy by Pulp-Dogs

Happy Weekend.

-Laura in LA

No comments:

Post a Comment