Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Orbital

Maybe this will get filed under the 'Remember This?' page one day ... but for now take 9 mins to soak up Orbital's astonishingly beautiful Halcyon On & On. This is the track that made me love electronic music and I think it has stood the test of time.



The Hartnoll brothers began in 1989 and their career took them through the highs of early Acid House and onto to become one of the biggest british Electronica names of 1990's. The brothers have played legendary shows at Glastonbury and I was lucky enough to catch them on their storming come back in 2009 at Brixton Academy. Pictured below:



I am not too sure why I have posted back to back early 90's dance tunes over the past few days, maybe I am on a bit of a nostalgic dance trip this week but I hope you enjoy. One more to leave you with - 1995's 'Belfast'

Orbital - Belfast by blavir

-Andy in London

No comments:

Post a Comment