Sunday, April 17, 2011

Panda Bear


Panda Bear's new record 'Tomboy' has hypnotized me today. The gentle sounds of Tomboy are magical and this album has a psychedelic, washed up summer sound that has won me over today. Noah Lennox's other main project is of course Animal Collective - who's album Merriweather Post Pavilion was massive for me in 2009 so I have been looking forward to this release for while.






This new record is  full of the ambient loveliness that Panda Bear executes so well. Early highlights for me are 'Benfica' & 'Surfer's Hymn'. The whole album feels enormous and the echoing, haunting vocals are just beautiful. Lennox is constantly experimenting with his sound and there are elements of dub-step / and hip hop beats on this record which add to the repetitive atmospheric vocals. In my opinion this is one of those albums that begs to be listened to over and over - especially on a beautiful early summer's day.


Sit back and let the sounds of Panda Bear wash over you....

Panda Bear - Tomboy by In House Press

I have also stumbled across this mesmerising remix of Surfer's Hymn - just brilliant:

While we are here, it wouldn't hurt to have a listen to the stunning 'My Girl's' from Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion...



Enjoy your Sunday!

-Andy in London

No comments:

Post a Comment