Sunday, April 10, 2011

Music to Move to

So in a year ripe with fantastic music, comes change for the West Coast Faction of After We Talked.  I've recently relocated....to the other side of Hollywood (the prettier side) and have taken some time away from AWT.  Music, has not been absent from my life during this time, however I have not had the ability to do much writing about it as of late.  Kudos to Andy in London for taking the ball and running with it, posting new lovely musical bits on the regular while I was transitioning in to my new home.  I thought I'd share some of the songs and artists that kept me motivated to pack, move, and un-pack again.

Really enjoying former Elephant front man Diego Garcia's new album.  Have only heard a few tracks, but here is one of them "You Were Never There" off his debut solo album entitled "Laura."




I also like the song "Stay," which sounds sort of half Spanish ballad, half 50s crooner...diggin' it. I'm seeing Velvet paintings...

Stay by Mace550

I've also really been into the Vaccines lately, thanks to Andy in London's suggestion.  The entire album is good, but the track that has superfantastic earworm power is "Post Break Up Sex"



However my absolute favorite tune is Wetsuit:

The Vaccines - Wetsuit (Radio Rip) by weallwantsome1

On the softer side of things, I've been listening to the soothing sounds of Agnes Obel.  Something fresh and yet old-world about her.  I like this track called Riverside.



I even like some tracks of the new Paul Simon joint, "So Beautiful So What." The two tracks I've heard off the album seem to have a bluesy sort of New Orleans/Zydeco feel to them. Takes me back to my last trip to Nola and time spent dancing at D.B.A. in the Marigny district. Have a listen to "Afterlife."



Alright friends, enjoy the rest of what's left of Sunday. I bid you adieu.

-Laura in LA

No comments:

Post a Comment