Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yacht: Dystopia

 So the album hasn't quite dropped yet, but Yacht has released a new single off of their forthcoming album Shangri-La, entitled Dystopia. I'm not only a fan of all things nautical, I'm also a fan of any artistic endeavor that traverses Utopian themes. And this band and this song is doing just that for me.  The band, based in Portland, OR and Marfa, TX straddle sounds that are sort of dance, sort of disco, and one part arty-electro. The lyrics seem timely in light of recent events as well, so maybe that's why this one really seems to speak to me. What do you think?



I first heard of Yacht via this tune Psychic City "Voodoo City," which is totally catchy, almost infectious.  The video is also highly entertaining.



Perhaps I'll write a follow-up to this post when the album drops. Now go enjoy your Saturday ya dingus!

-Laura in LA

No comments:

Post a Comment